Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thought about being lazy?

Sometimes I think about being lazy....why is this such a hard thing to do?  We just got back from a cruise and it was so great because we did not have to work.  But I think the best was we were shut off from e-mail, internet and socail media.  I was able to just be lazy!!  I read a book which I had not done in along time.  When I had quiet time I did not think about work at all.  I completely enjoyed my life.  Why is this?  I enjoy staying connected with my friends and family so why does it seem like a burden so much of the time?  Does anyone else feel this?  I will be interested to read your comments.

3 comments:

  1. I am not so sure that you were actually being "lazy", Julie. My feeling is that all of this faux connecting is taking time that was much better spent elsewhere in times past. Are we more effectively "connected" with loved ones and friends today than those living a generation ago? I don't think so. Reading, ruminating, relaxing in an age of rush, rush, rush isn't being lazy, it's a better way to LIVE! Donna ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I laid in bed extra long and thought "Yes this is a better way to LIVE"!!! Thanks girls

    ReplyDelete